Sunday, September 13, 2009

Thrift Scores!

Curvacia brought home a present from the Avenue Thrift in Kansas City yesterday... The Halloween stuff was out in full force, and she was able to snag an old trick-or-treat basket that someone converted into a lamp. She brought it home, we threw a blacklight in it, an viola! Instant scary!








































Later in the afternoon, we hiked down to the antique mall, where I encountered this little gem:







































Sample dialogue:

"I found a turkish bath not too far from the center of town. I put my wallet and the .38 in my locker, gave the attendant a dollar to give my clothes a good brushing, drank a gallon of water, and lay almost drowning in the thick steam."

This will look good on my shelf next to those old copies of FLESH BARON and SAY IT WITH BULLETS.






2 comments:

  1. I found a copy of I, The Jury at the Dusty for 50 cents. Original press.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yowza! I picked up KISS ME DEADLY a few years back, but the cover isn't intact. What I mean is, it came with the cover, but the pages fall out in a single clump.

    ReplyDelete